About Me

Sunday, February 22, 2015

2013 Topps Update 108 Ct. Rack Case Break

I decided to go ahead a bust the case while I had the time and it did not disappoint.  It's crazy how many cards one of these cases actually produces.  Collation was very good as I got 8-9 complete sets. I have them sorted by card but it's possible that I might have 7 of one or two of them.  It took me about 3 hours to sort them...my least favorite thing for sure.

First things first, the super big hits!  Ok, I didn't buy this case for the hits, but I was a bit surprised I didn't get an auto.  Topps has been very good to me in the past.  In fact, I bought a retail case of 2008 Topps Mayo Football a few years back and pulled a good number of sp autos.  It also would have been nice to pull a serialed jersey or patch...again, not disappointed, just the way it is.

On to the inserts:
These are the 71 Topps minis, 1 per pack and there were 50 in the set.  I got the entire set, not sure about a second set.

These are the variations I got.  I would have expected to get more of these as they only fell about 1:13 packs.  I found all of them but 1 right away.

Topps gold /2013.  1:2 packs.  I got 53 of these....Going to be a long road collecting these sets.

Emerald Green, 1:2 packs, got 55 of them, no Puig.
Quick note on the blue, 3 per pack and got 324 of them.  I am a bit short of a set but I didn't get many doubles.
Camo /99.  Got 3 including Wil Myers...Is he a thing?  Of course I pulled a Chavez.  Teasing me since he is the only card I need to complete my Green Masterpieces set /75.
Pink /50 including Anthony Rendon

Blue Sparkle? /25

There are a few inserts I didn't bother with as they are the normal useless Topps bloat.  So there you have it.  I am thinking of busting a few more of these because they are so cheap and you do get a couple low numbered cards.  I may put together a couple blue sets and then sell the hand collated base sets.  If you see anything you want, make me an offer.

5 comments:

Play at the Plate said...

As you're busting these I'll take Rangers hits and most colored parallels that you're not collecting. The Frasor pink and the blue sparkle play at the plate too. I'll round up some gold parallels for you. That's what you're chasing right?

Fuji said...

Let me know if you're interested in trading or selling your 1971 Mini doubles. I'm building the set and need 10 more. Here's a list of the ones I need:

3 Derek Jeter
6 Miguel Cabrera
19 Dustin Pedroia
20 David Wright
25 Shelby Miller
29 Mike Schmidt
31 Yasiel Puig
39 Giancarlo Stanton
47 Don Mattingly
50 Manny Machado

I have plenty of doubles if you're interested in trading. You can see my list of doubles here:

http://fujiapple.weebly.com/2013-topps-update-1971-mini-set-wantlist.html

AdamE said...

Any chance you got any Bill Virdon buyback cards?

stusigpi said...

I didn't get any buybacks. Sure fuji, send me your address if you still need them.

stusigpi said...

I didn't get any buybacks. Sure fuji, send me your address if you still need them.