About Me

Friday, February 13, 2015

The Big Hurt and evidence of an obsession

As sorta promised here is a picture of the 2007 Upper Deck Masterpieces Frank Thomas auto.  I've seen two others if I recall.  Keep in mind, I've been casting a wide net for 6-7 years.
One of my favorite cards.

The other day I mentioned that I had been searching for the Eli Manning Burgundy /25 and had found 3 in the past few months.  The second one in two weeks came in today.

I went looking for the other one and some cards to get sorted and ran across my burgundy doubles.  I took a pic and then realized that this is just half of my doubles.  These do not include my set to which I am 4 short.  Why did I title this an obsession?  Well let's do the math.  There are 86 cards in the burgundy set with 25 being made of each.  That means there are 2150 total produced.  Of those, I have about 200 or a little less than 10% of the production run.  That just isn't right.  Here's the half to give you an idea.
Just an FYI, Any of the graded cards I have were bought that way. I refuse to crack them out.

No comments: